Thursday, April 10, 2008

What's my problem??!

I've had a slow morning at work, so I was browsing articles online about healthy snacks and ideas to take off a few pounds. I wrote down some great ideas, and reminded myself that it's really time to start shedding this extra weight I've put on in the last year. I've been drinking water, and have cut out sodas (soda-sober over 1 month now! yay!) but I need to step it up a notch. So I was all ready to head down to the vending machine to get a bag of low-fat pretzels, when an email popped up in my inbox.

My manager brought in doughnuts and they are down in the lounge. So with no further thought, I headed straight there, heated one up for 10 sec. in the microwave and came back to my desk to indulge in that warm gooey doughnut at my desk. As I inhaled it, I looked up to realize I was sitting surrounded by my bottles of water and notes on healthy snack ideas. :) I'm pathetic! I don't even really like doughnuts all that much. When will I learn?

1 comment:

Elsie Hall said...

I can't even begin to tell you how many sweets we have around the house right now. So much for me losing the baby weight! I can totally sympathize with you...Half the time I'm just bored, so in my mouth it goes. Good for you cutting out the sodas! You'll get there, despite the doughnut slip-up.