Thursday, August 14, 2008

Out of Excuses...

Am I the only one who finds it soooo hard to start exercising regularly? I come up with every excuse imaginable:

  • a gym membership costs too much
  • it's raining
  • it's hot
  • it's humid
  • i'm tired
  • it's that time of the month
  • i feel bad exercising inside when i really should take Shelby for a walk
  • i don't have time
  • getting up earlier before work is too early

But I SOOOOOOO need to do something! I have gained 15 lbs since I got engaged last April, and while I haven't gained anything in the last 6 months... I haven't lost anything either. Any tips?

2 comments:

Erik Burckart said...

My advice is to find a motivation other than losing weight. Those typically, in my limited life experience, are difficult to keep up and don't encourage a life long commitment. I wrote about it here in January.

Once you have a different motivation but are bored with how you normally workout...you may want to try a trainer to learn some new routines. If you want to save money, write down all the exercises you do a given week with the trainer and eventually you have a catalog of exercises to do. Then, you don't have to infinitely have a trainer.

Childress Family said...

Just do it!