Sunday, October 19, 2008

October days...

Ooops! I haven't posted anything in almost 3 weeks! Lots going on... I'm excited that baby Lily is here! And I have been so excited that now in the second half of October, the Fall weather has finally shown up! I gladly busted out my sweaters & fleeces this weekend. I love the cool days!

It was a pretty yucky day on Saturday for the Race for the Cure, but I was reminded that morning of the thousands of women who get up and face a bleak outlook everyday as they battle cancer, and yet they get up, and they walk through it. Temperatures in the high 50's and misty, windy rain are nothing in comparison to the hardships that these women fight, and I was actually thankful for the tangible illustration that God gave me.

It was an honor to walk and raise support for them. I found myself unexpectedly choked up and emotional as I watched the survivors' parade. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with thoughts of my own grandmother who lost her battle to breast cancer at the age of 53 and a college friend who is battling it in her 20's. It was quite sobering. Fortunately, some teams had some crazy funny t-shirts and that brought some much needed humor and fun to the day! Let's just say that "Save the Ta-Ta's" was one of the more subtle slogans! So anyway... thanks to everyone who supported us!!! And please continue to pray for Dr. Datyner.

No comments: